Alliance Fund Board Members
Click on each section to see a description.
Bisbee Pride’s project is a day-long series of workshops focusing on gender identity, lesbian cultural identity, and transformation of anti-LGBT bias into humor for residents of Cochise County. Funding by Alliance Fund Donors..
Program will expand and continue Outloud and Proud radio broadcast programming. Funding by Alliance Fund donors.
Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation’s program to prevent attempted and completed suicides among LGBTQQ youth by raising awareness about youth suicide, increasing community resources for suicide prevention, training peer and adult gatekeepers in suicide prevention, and making appropriate referrals. Funding by Alliance Fund Youth Initiative donors.
The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation’s program to support SAAF in building a resource directory of local businesses, professionals and organizations friendly to the LGBTQ community. Co-recipient of the annual Noel Matkin-Jim Sincox Tribute Endowment Award with additional funding from Transgender Community Initiative donors.
This special allocation contributes funds to a PFLAG program that seeks to provide a minimum of seven $1000 scholarships to LGBTQ students with financial need and special talent who reside in southern Arizona.
Southern Arizona Gender Alliance offers shelter providers with a series of transgender-care certification workshops and assistance visits to enable them to provide safe and compassionate shelter and housing assistance to transgender people. Shared funding by donors to the Alliance Fund Transgender Community Initiative and by the Roger Funk-Doug Noffsinger Award.
The Tucson Jewish Community Center will present four LGBT themed films that promotes cultural diversity, encourages community conversations and embraces the full range of Jewish experience, including issues affecting LGBT individuals. Funded by Alliance Fund donors.
The UA Office of LGBTQ Affairs‘ program involves a collaboration between University of Arizona, Arizona State University, and Northern Arizona University to address the needs and concerns of LGBTQ+ students statewide. Funding by the Gloria DeVore-Marge Sloan Award.
Southern Arizona Senior Pride will host three free events for LGBT seniors focusing on poetry, LGBT Veterans, and LGBT history. Funding by donors to the Alliance Fund Elders Initiative.
El Rio Foundation will partner with the National Association of Community Health Centers to focus on transforming primary care for LGBT people. Shared funding by Alliance Fund donors and the Sylvia Mulka Award.
This initiative through the Southern Arizona Gender Alliance aims to help transgender and gender-diverse people in Southern Arizona improve the condition of their lives through employment and participation in economic life. Shared funding by donors to the Alliance Fund Transgender Community Initiative and by the Roger Funk-Doug Noffsinger Award.
Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation’s The EON Youth Program is a drop-in center offering a range of programming for LGBTQQ and allied youth ages 13-23. Shared funding by Alliance Fund Youth Initiative donors and the Sylvia Mulka Award.
Pima Council on Aging gives cultural competency training on elder LGBT issues to long-term care providers, including staff at nursing homes, assisted living, home health and other agencies serving older adults. Co-recipient of the annual Noel Matkin-Jim Sincox Tribute Endowment Award.
Camp Born This Way is a camp for gender creative and transgender youth and their families of all races, ethnicities, and economic levels that include support groups and full-family activities. Funding by the Gloria DeVore-Marge Sloan Award.
- 2001: Twelve grants were awarded for a total of $99,525.
- 2002: Twelve grants were awarded for a total of $81,500.*
- 2003: Ten grants were awarded for a total of $50,000.*
- 2004: No grants were awarded.
- 2005: Eight grants were awarded for a total of $24,040.
- 2006: Seven grants were awarded for a total of $24,265.
- 2007: Eight grants were awarded for a total of $25,725.
- 2008: Fifteen grants were awarded for a total of $41,308.
- 2009: Eleven grants were awarded for a total of $30,000.
- 2010: Seven grants were awarded for a total of $28,600.
- 2011: Fifteen grants including six Queer youth Initiative Grants for a total of $43,300.
- 2012: Fifteen grants including six Queer youth Initiative Grants for a total of $42,000.**
- 2013: Sixteen grants including eight Queer Youth Initiative Grants for a total of $48,500.**
- 2014: Fifteen grants will be awarded for a total of $56,000.
- 2015-16: Fifteen grants will be awarded for a total of $52,500.
- 2016-17: Fifteen grants will be awarded for a total of $53,200.
*Included $50,000 in matching funds from the National Lesbian and Gay Community Funding Partnership
**Co-funded by matching dollars from the Funders for LGBTQ Issues
Past Grantees Have Included:
- ACLU of Arizona
- American Red Cross, Southern Arizona chapter
- Arizona Children’s Association Safe Streets (Devore-Sloan and Leos Awards winner)
- The Arizona Human Rights Fund
- Arizona Theater Company Arizona
- OnStage Productions
- Beowulf Alley Theatre Company
- Bisbee Coalition for the Homeless
- Bisbee Pride Celebration
- Bisbee Women’s Transition Project, Inc.
- Borderlands Theater
- Casa Libre en la Solana (Devore-Sloan and Leos Awards winner)
- Camp Born This Way
- Central School Project/Bisbee Pride
- CODAC City of Tucson Commission on LGBT Issues
- Ethica LGBT Adoptions (Matkin-Sincox Award Winner)
- El Rio Community Health Center
- Family Counseling Agency
- Jewish Community Center (Matkin-Sincox Award Winner)
- LGBT Alliance/Raytheon Missile Systems
- Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
- Habitat for Humanity: Tucson (Matkin-Sincox Award Winner)
- HOPE Inc.
- Kore Press
- KXCI Radio
- LGBTQ Behavioral Health Coalition (Matkin-Sincox Award Winner)
- La Frontera Center
- Lesbian Cancer and Health Program
- Loft Cinema
- Mariposas Sin Fronteras
- New ARTiculations Dance Theatre
- Open Inn, Inc.
- Our Family Services
- OUR TOWN Family Center
- Pan Left Productions
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, Inc. (PFLAG)
- Pima Community Access Program
- Pima Council on Aging (PCOA)
- Planned Parenthood of Southern Arizona
- Pride Family of Cochise County
- Reveille Men’s Chorus
- Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation (SAAF) (Devore-Sloan and Leos Awards winner)
- Southern Arizona Center Against Sexual Assault
- Southern Arizona Gender Alliance (SAGA)
- Southern Arizona Senior Pride
- TGNet Arizona
- Tucson Centers for Women and Children
- Tucson Jewish Community Center
- Tucson Metropolitan Community Chorus/Desert Voices
- University of Arizona Foundation: Institute for LGBT Studies
- University of Arizona Foundation: Office of LGBTQ Affairs (Devore-Sloan and Leos Awards winner)
- Voices (Matkin-Sincox Award Winner)
- Wingspan, Inc. (Devore-Sloan Award winner)
- YWCA Z
- Zuzi Move-it Dance Company